Sometimes, it’s gotta be done.
Sometimes, it definitely shouldn’t be done.
We’ve all been there.
Whether you’ve purchased a knock-off high end purse, changed the buttons on a cheaply-made blazer, worn fake diamond earrings, purchased clothes for an IG photo opt then returned them, borrowed a family member’s top-end ride to pick up a date, or the like – you’ve earned your Fake The Funk pin!
The same applies to being a homeowner.
Whether you are considering renovations or basic maintenance, expenses are constant and require immediate and long-term financial decisions.
Keep in mind that cheap in price doesn’t always mean cheap in quality or longevity.
But, low in quality is just that – low in quality. You can’t get around it.
Here are a couple of examples of what I mean:
- About a year or so ago, I purchased a solid wood dropside dining table for 5 bucks! Yup; 5 buckaroos at an auction. Now, the price was cheap (dirt cheap!) but the quality was/is good. With some more ‘cheap’ additions such as sandpaper, sealant, paintbrushes, varnish, and a poly-blend silk looking tablecloth (until I found my top choice), I may convert my ‘cheap’ table into a beautiful gathering spot.
- Instead of investing in a quality set of cutlery for a rental unit, I ran out and purchased the cheapest sixteen-piece set I could find. In a short period of time, the rust started to set in, handles began to break, and fork prongs assumed a bent formation. My hasty ‘must buy right now’ cost-focused decision cost me in the long run. Replacement expenses and negative feedback were a couple of the consequences.
Know when to fake it. Know when it’s not worth it.
Join me for our FAKE THE FUNK webinar – replay, Monday, July 1, 2019 at 9pm ADT (8pm EST).
I will be sharing key ways to help you have the look that you want with little expense AND to know when to shelf your Fake The Funk urge. We will cover:
- newbie homebuyer strategies to getting what you want
- key prep advice for new landlords to maximize their rental return
- focusing on long-term design that keeps homeowner’s pockets intact
Are you interested in attending? Complete the below. We’ll add you to the list!
Share with your community – your family members, co-workers, and neighbours – seeking how to Fake The Funk effectively.